IMPORTANT - Credit card purchases
- MuleSoft cannot provide monetary refunds for credit card purchases.
- Invoices will not be provided for credit card purchases. If an invoice is required for your records, please reach out to your Trailhead Academy Account Executive to purchase via an Order Form.
Common reasons a credit card purchase fails
Here are some of the most common reasons why a payment will not go through:
An international transaction or other apparent 'high-risk' transaction that is declined by your credit card company. Even if your credit card company usually allows international transactions, this happens frequently because it's an international e-commerce transaction in a large amount.
The amount may be too high for the category of transaction it is in. This usually happens if you are trying to purchase two seats at the same time. Splitting into two separate purchases would reduce each purchase amount below the threshold.
The information may have been input incorrectly due to slight differences between certain credit cards. Here are some examples:
- AMEX's security code is on the front, NOT on the back.
- Discover has its own option in the drop-down list, but is actually recognized as a MasterCard in some countries. You can confirm if your Discover card is actually a MasterCard by identifying the logo on the credit card.
- Diner's Club cards are not in the list but work, if you choose the right option based on what logo is on the card (MC and/or Discover).
If none of the above help your situation, you would have to use a different credit card OR pay by Order Form working with your sales representative.