In September 2018, MuleSoft released a new base-level architecture exam:
- Proctored, available online using a web-cam AND in global testing centers
- 58 questions, 120 minutes
Cost: $375 standalone purchase, OR 1.5 Flexible Training Credits, OR with a voucher received during Anypoint Platform Architecture: Integration Solutions instructor-led training course.
The MCIA - Level 1 exam validates that an architect has the required knowledge and skills to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate functional and non-functional requirements into integration interfaces and implementations. The candidate should be able to drive and be responsible for an organization’s Anypoint Platform implementation and the technical quality, governance (ensuring compliance), and operationalization of the integration solutions.
S/he should be able to:
- Create the high-level design of integration solutions and guide implementation teams on the choice of Mule Components and patterns to use in the detailed design and implementation.
- Select the deployment approach and configuration of the Anypoint Platform with any of the available deployment options (MuleSoft-hosted or customer-hosted control plane and runtime plane).
- Design Mule applications for any of the available deployment options of the Anypoint Platform runtime plane.
- Apply standard development methods covering the full development lifecycle (project preparation, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and support) to ensure solution quality.
- Advise technical teams on performance, scalability, reliability, monitoring and other operational concerns of integration solutions on Anypoint Platform.
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate API and integration projects. Note:
Approximately 10% of the exam is specific to Mule 4.