This article is an overview of the exam process and overall preparation.
This brief video (7 minutes) provides an overview of the MuleSoft Training and Certification Exam process.
- All candidates must agree to the MuleSoft Training and Certification Terms and Conditions
- MuleSoft only supports licensed versions of Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows.
- MuleSoft only supports the Guardian browser.
- Translation tools (i.e. Google Translate, etc.) are not supported. The proctor will disable/remove any translation tools before or during the exam.
- The proctor is required to remotely access your computer to secure the exam and your testing environment.
- This may require the proctor to close browser windows, software programs, and other computer processes that may be running in the background and risk exam security.
- The Proctor may terminate your exam session for misconduct
MuleSoft Training & Certification reserves the right at any time to revoke your certification and take legal action should your exam be flagged as a potential security incident.
- MuleSoft Training & Certification reserves the right at any time to revoke your certification and take legal action should your exam be flagged as a potential security incident.
Prepare for your exam
Locate the exam preparation steps by visiting Training and Certification Downloads and download the corresponding Certification datasheet. Preparation includes recommended courses, exercises, and practice exams.
Before you schedule your exam
1. Update your Learner profile with your correct phone number and address including country.
- Your profile name needs to match the government-issued photo identification (ID) that you will show the proctor.
2. Review system requirements. This includes the following:
- Check Your Equipment
- Download the Guardian Browser
- Recommended Minimum Bandwidth Speeds
- Tips for Improving Your Internet Connection Speed
- For users with corporate laptops, make sure your IT allows access to the required ports. Please download the MuleSoft Certification and Meazure Learning Client Port/Protocol and Allow List Information pdf at the bottom of this page and share it with your IT department.
3. If you require an accommodation for your exam, please contact Training & Certification Support.
Schedule your exam
1. Prior to scheduling your exam, please review the following
2. Click the Schedule button to select the exam date and time.
3. If you need to cancel or reschedule your exam, please refer to this article:
Test your equipment
- Once you have scheduled your exam, you have the opportunity to 'Test Your Equipment'. This test confirms that your computer meets the basic system requirements (i.e. webcam).
- This test does not identify running background processes, virtual machines and remote desktop software (i.e. Chrome Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, and AnyDesk). These should be uninstalled before the exam.
- The proctor will identify and close items that need to be stopped before the exam begins.
- From your learner dashboard, click the green “Test Your Equipment” icon.
3. Next, follow the prompts to check your microphone, camera, speaker, computer, and internet speed to ensure it complies with the exam requirements.
- Login: 20 minutes before your scheduled exam time use the Guardian browser to login to your MuleSoft Training and Certification account and go to your Dashboard > Enrollments > Certification Exams
- Launch Test: At the scheduled exam time, the Launch Test button will appear next to your scheduled exam. Launch the exam to start the pre-exam process.
- It will take some time to complete the pre-checks, verify your identity, secure your environment, and get you into your exam. Your exam timer does not start until you actually begin your exam.
3. Pre-checks: If you don’t already have the Guardian browser, you’ll be prompted to download it. You’ll be required to accept exam guidelines and terms and conditions. The Guardian browser will prompt you to share your screen, a required part of being proctored online. You’ll be automatically guided through a series of equipment checks to make sure your system meets minimum requirements.
4. Photos & Authentication: You’ll take a photo of yourself as well as your government issued photo identification (ID), (i.e. driver’s license, passport, student ID, etc.).
5. Chat box download: You will be prompted to download and run the LogMeIn Proctor Chat Application that will bring up a chat box allowing you to text with your proctor. If prompted, be sure to click “open” or “allow” to give the file permission to run.
- If you have a shared computer in which another test-taker had previously taken an exam, you need to delete the LogMeIn application and reinstall for the new environment to be correctly established.
- When the chat box says “waiting,” it means that you are in the queue waiting for your proctor. It may take from five minutes up to twenty minutes to connect to a proctor.
- TIP: If your status shows “waiting,” do not close or re-download the Proctor Chat Application as that will put you back at the end of the queue.
6. Proctor Connection & Confirmations: Your proctor will greet you and confirm that you passed your identity verification steps. You’ll review the exam rules with your proctor and they’ll ask to see any permitted resources that MuleSoft has allowed you to use during your exam.
7. Remote System Check: Your proctor will ask to take remote control of your mouse and keyboard via the LogMeIn Proctor Chat Application in order to make sure no unpermitted programs are running. You will be able to see everything that your proctor is doing during this step, and it is impossible for them to access any files without your knowledge.
8. Camera Pan: Your proctor will ask you to show the 4 walls of your room as well as your desk space via your webcam. You may also be asked to show your computer monitor. Your proctor will make sure your cell phone is out of reach. We do not allow the exam to be taken on your lap or the floor. Your exam will be terminated if you are seated on the floor. Also, we do not allow exams to be taken in a room with clear glass walls or doors. Your exam will be terminated if you are in a room with clear glass walls or doors.
9. Take Your Exam: Your proctor will release control of your computer and you’ll begin your exam when you’re ready.
- If the proctor pauses the exam because of connectivity issues, (you must refresh your web page when reconnecting. If you do not refresh your web page once the exam has resumed, your answers will not be saved!
Note: Your webcam view and your screen will be recorded throughout the duration of your exam.
Steps to take when you've completed your exam
Alert the proctor when finished BEFORE submitting: Prior to submitting your exam, let your proctor know through the chat box that you’re finished and submit your exam by clicking FINISH.
You may request the proctor to reset any system changes they made to your computer before the exam.
- You may request the proctor to reset any system changes they made to your computer before the exam.
Log out of your exam site and browser: After reviewing your results, your proctor must observe you log out of the exam website and close out of all browser tabs.
Close out of LogMeIn Proctor Chat Application chat box: This will end your session with Meazure Learning. Once the chat box closes, you’ll be invited to complete a customer satisfaction survey.
- Done: You’re done! Enjoy your day!
After your exam
- We do not provide final exam scores, only a PASS/FAIL, and the percentage score from each topic. Since exam questions are weighted differently, calculating your exam passing score based on the average topic score is not equal to the exam passing score.
If you passed the exam, your certification will be available within ten business days of your passing exam date.
- Download and print your certificate
- View and share your certification on your Trailblazer.me login
- Upload your certification to your LinkedIn profile
If you failed the exam then you must wait 24 hours before scheduling another exam attempt. We recommend that you review your Score Report (Go to your MuleSoft Training profile > My Learnings > Completed Courses > Test History) to identify topic areas where you may need additional study / experience before rescheduling the exam.
- 5 exam attempts are allowed for all MuleSoft certification exams except for Maintenance exams for which 2 attempts are allowed.
- All exam experiences that have been flagged as potential exam security incidents are reviewed by MuleSoft Training & Certification within 72-hours of receipt. MuleSoft Training & Certification reserves the right at any time to revoke your certification and take legal action should your exam be flagged as a potential security incident such as but not limited to misconduct.